25 ways to use your AAA Membership to save money, get things done, and have more fun.
Life is an adventure. One moment you’re having a great time, and the next, the unexpected happens. That’s when advice from a friend, extra money in your wallet, and your AAA Membership mean the most. They’ll help you out of a jam or a rut, so you can get back to the good stuff.
Here are 25 ways you can use your AAA Membership to save money, get things done, and have more fun.
1. Say “congrats” or “sorry” with style. Want to celebrate or apologize? Do it by sending a bouquet, a trendy succulent, or a sweet treat. AAA Members save 20 percent on 1-800-Flowers purchases at AAA.com/1800flowers. Choose cut flowers, potted plants, or goodies from Harry & David, Cheryl’s Cookies, the Popcorn Factory, and more.
2. Pick out new eyeglasses. Changing your specs is like changing your hairstyle: It makes you feel good, and people notice. When you’re ready for new glasses, go to AAA.com/visionsavings and save up to 30 percent on frames, lenses, and exams at LensCrafters and more optical stores.
3. Find a mechanic you can trust. Are you unhappy with—or lack confidence in—your mechanic? Take your vehicle to any one of 7,000 AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities. You’ll get reliable service from certified technicians and enjoy Member benefits such as 10 percent off labor; a two-year, 24,000-mile warranty on repairs; and AAA’s support in resolving any disputes.
4. Avoid going to the motor vehicles department. Why take a trip across town or wait in line for what could be hours? You can renew your car registration and take care of other paperwork at many AAA branches instead of the motor vehicles department. While you’re at the branch, you can also pick up an international driving permit, buy Mexico auto insurance, and get free road maps.
5. Score a deal on a rental car. Planning a trip? Car in the shop? Whatever your reason for borrowing wheels, book with your AAA Membership number to pay less at Hertz, Thrifty, and Dollar. Tip: If you choose Hertz, sign up for a Hertz Gold membership and get a free day of rental the second time you do so as a Gold member.
6. Skip the line at concerts. Ticket holders in Northern California, take note: Flash your AAA Membership card to use the Fast Lane at the Concord Pavilion, Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, or Toyota Amphitheatre near Sacramento—without paying a premium for the privilege of quick entry. Look for the Live Nation AAA Fast Lane at each of these venues. (Bonus: To save money on concert tickets, see #18 below.)
7. Cut your prescription costs. Visit AAA.com/prescriptions to download a savings card that’s good for up to 75 percent off most prescriptions not covered by insurance, whether the medications are for you, your family, or your pets. More than 67,000 locations, including CVS and Walgreens pharmacies, participate in the AAA Prescription Savings program.
8. Buy a car, hassle free. Whether you’re looking for a used or brand-new ride, the AAA Car Buying Service works to your advantage. It’s quick and easy, and it’ll help you secure the best price, check your current vehicle’s trade-in value, and figure out whether you should finance or lease.
9. Guard against identity theft. In 2017, almost 16 million people in the United States became victims of identity theft. As a AAA Member, you can sign up for ProtectMyID from Experian for no additional charge. The service provides credit monitoring, lost wallet protection, fraud resolution support, and more.
10. Put a bill payment on auto-pilot. If you find “Renew AAA Membership” scrawled on the top of your to-do list around the same time every year, cross it off for good by signing up for automatic renewal at AAA.com/renew. Your Membership will never expire again—one less thing to think about!
11. Look for the AAA seal of approval. Wondering where to eat or stay on your next trip? Use AAA Diamond Ratings as your guide. Every year, trained experts visit and inspect nearly 60,000 restaurants and hotels across the U.S., plus Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Each site that’s acceptable receives one to five AAA Diamonds, which serve as the gold standard for places worth your time and money. Download the AAA mobile app to access travel guides with hotel and restaurant listings for the region you're visiting.
12. When booking a hotel room, go West(ern). AAA Members who stay at Best Western get 15 percent off standard room rates, earn extra Best Western Rewards points, and have access to perks (such as seasonal promotions for gift cards and points that never expire). Plus, AAA Members who join the Best Western Rewards program are automatically upgraded to Gold status.
13. Hang out with Mickey Mouse. Anytime is a good time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth when you’re a Member of AAA. As such, you’re privy to special offers, perks, packages, and discounted tickets at the Disneyland Resort in Southern California. To start making your magical memories, check out AAA.com/disneylandoffer.
14. Spend less on your next cruise. Get the best price on a cruise or vacation package when you book with AAA Preferred Travel Partners. If you find a better deal within 24 hours, AAA will match the lower rate and send you a $50 AAA Travel certificate. (Restrictions apply; full details at AAA.com/bestpriceguarantee.) Plan your trip at AAA.com/travel or call (888) 258-1099.
15. Hit the road in a fully insured RV. Think of Outdoorsy as Airbnb on wheels. Rent an Airstream or a teardrop trailer from AAA.com/outdoorsy and get a 10 percent discount. List your own wheels, and you’ll get a $100 credit.
16. Save on sporting events. Whichever team you root for or sport you follow, AAA Members can score 15 percent off tickets to NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and NCAA games. So slip on that giant foam finger and use your savings to splurge on extra snacks.
17. Appreciate the arts at a discount. Whether you’re angling for a seat at Hamilton, Wicked, or The Phantom of the Opera, your AAA card knocks 15 percent off theater ticket prices—a savings that could cover the cost of your annual Membership. Tip: The same discount applies to select shows by Cirque du Soleil, Disney on Ice, and other popular troupes.
18. Cash in on concert tickets. No matter what your jam—from country to post-punk, Beyoncé to Billy Joel—you’ll save at least 15 percent on concert tickets with your AAA Membership.
19. Enjoy big-screen benefits. Sure, you could stay home, stream your favorite flick, and pop your own corn. But there’s something special about the larger-than-life shared experience of watching a feature film in a theater. AAA Members get up to 40 percent off movie tickets at AMC, Regal, Cinemark, and other chains.
20. Angle for an adrenaline rush. Thrill seekers can get their kicks for less with AAA. Tickets for dozens of theme parks and water parks—such as Six Flags, Legoland, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Schlitterbahn—are available to Members for significantly lower prices. (Yep, Disney offers discounts too; see #13 above.)
21. Meander a museum. Arrange an outing—or three—to view fine art, cultural exhibits, or historical artifacts. With your AAA Membership, you receive discounted admission to popular sites such as the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, San Diego’s USS Midway Museum, and the Mob Museum in Las Vegas, among others.
22. Hit the slopes. Many ski resorts are AAA friendly, giving Members a break on lift ticket prices. Whether you plan to try the double-black terrain at Mammoth Mountain, or coach your kids on the bunny slopes at Sierra-at-Tahoe, you’ll leave exhilarated and rosy cheeked—and with extra cash in your pocket.
23. See the sights. You know how some people live near a tourist destination and never actually go see it? Don’t be one of them. AAA Members save on entrance fees at many major U.S. landmarks, including Alcatraz Island in San Francisco, Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and the Empire State Building in New York.
24. Learn about land and sea creatures. AAA Members get discounts at dozens of aquariums and zoos around the country, including San Francisco’s Aquarium of the Bay and the San Diego Zoo. Take the opportunity to get to know all sorts of animals, from anemones to zebras.
25. Give yourself a pat on the back. Your AAA Membership benefits not only you, but also your community. As a not-for-profit membership organization, AAA supports diverse programs that promote traffic safety, such as free car seat inspections, online driver education for teens, disaster preparedness tools, distracted driving research, resources for older drivers, and AAA School Safety Patrol.
Enjoy all the benefits that come with AAA Membership for as little as $56 per year.