Luxury Takes on a New Meaning
Beginning in 2012, Micato makes going on safari more effortless than ever. They’ve taken the revolutionary step of eliminating gratuities, even to guides and drivers. With Micato, all inclusive truly means all luxuries, all the time. Their guests experience seamless relaxation and unabashed luxury without bothersome distractions. And for every safari booked, Micato sends an African child to school – a child who would otherwise stay home due to extreme poverty. No wonder Micato is consistently voted "World’s Best," winning the title in 2011 from Travel + Leisure for the record eighth time.
Micato goes beyond what's expected of even the most luxurious private luxury safari outfitter. Their goal is to provide a seamless, unforgettable luxury safari experience. Your accommodations — from colonial refinement to rustic elegance — cosset you in sublime comfort even in the midst of Africa's rugged wilds.
Myriad Choices, One Class of Service
It’s quite simple - all safaris include all luxuries. Micato offers thrilling adventures from South Africa to Botswana and Victoria Falls. They explore the celebrated game parks of East Africa and the exotic shores of Zanzibar - all in great style. Even Micato's active options are luxuriously active. No matter what safari you choose, you’ll receive the only kind of service Micato knows how to give: the very best.
Details Make All the Difference
With Micato, every need is anticipated and every day offers pleasant surprises. Safari vehicles are kitted out with binoculars, beanbags for photographers, field guidebooks, drinks and more. Thoughtful gifts appear on pillows every night. Hot coffee offered on morning game drives, wine and cheese in the afternoons. Each evening enjoy "sundowner" cocktails from your private veranda as the sun sets in the west. If there’s anything you need, a 24-hour concierge awaits your requests.
The Micato Safari Experience
Micato is committed to providing guests with a meaningful African experience. They introduce you to the people shaping Africa, get behind the scenes, meet the experts, take the road less travelled and perhaps even help you make a few discoveries of your own. Here are a few of the innumerable special features included for Micato guests on every safari.
• Lodging and Accommodations - Micato Safaris personally selects every lodge and camp for its singular beauty, evocative atmosphere and spectacular setting. Enjoy quiet, secluded tents with mahogany four-poster beds and dressing tables; private verandas; claw-footed bathtubs; sunken showers; Victorian antiques mixed with hand-hewn furnishings. Tea service on a silver tray slipped under the tent flap at sunrise. The warm glow of hurricane lanterns as dusk gently descends over the African plains.
• Dining - From the moment you arrive, all meals are provided as part of the all-inclusive tour cost. Every meal will delight: from the exceptional French cuisine and fiery Indian curries found in Nairobi to Cape Town's mildly spicy Malay dishes. In the bush, the quality of the cuisine in lodges and camps is also superb, with meats, vegetables and fruits delivered daily, fresh from the surrounding area’s rich farmlands.
• Fully Escorted Programs - In East Africa, travelers enjoy the services of an expert Safari Director, as well as a Driver Guide. In Southern Africa, a professional Tour Leader accompanies groups, in addition to a Game Ranger plus a Tracker in the bush. Your Micato team also includes a Personal Concierge, available 24 hours a day.
• African Wildlife - Africa's wildlife is the stuff of legend. Landscapes are teeming with animals you simply can't find anywhere else, and seeing these creatures in the wild is an experience that is beyond compare. Since the days of Stanley and Livingstone, the Big Five - lions, elephants, rhinos, leopard and cape buffalo - have captured the imagination of the most intrepid of adventurers. Today, their power and beauty leave travelers in awe, and seeing them is still among the highlights of safari.
• Bush Walks - Never will you feel more a part of the splendor of Africa than on a bush walk. An expert naturalist continuously points out another surprise... zebras grazing contentedly on lush grasses, towering yet dainty giraffes lumbering close by and maybe even a mother cheetah sunning herself in the distance.
• Visit a Tribal Village - Africa is home to many fascinating tribes and you will have the opportunity to learn first-hand about these ancient cultures by visiting a remote village in the bush. Learn of the tribe’s social system, traditions, customs and place in today’s Africa. Their dignified and hospitable welcome will be a memory long treasured.
Micato trips are unparalleled in their degree of included extras, from exceptional special events to educational enhancements. Plus enjoy innumerable little luxuries lavished upon guests throughout each trip.
Exclusive Small Groups
• Groups as small as 2 guests to average 12-14 - never more than 24
• The Micato Grand Safari and Southern Africa trips limited to 12 guests
The Finest Accommodations and Flights
• Only the most deluxe hotels, lodges and camps selected for all programs
• East Africa safaris include at least one stay in a luxurious tented bush camp
• Guests are upgraded to Club Level deluxe rooms at Mount Kenya Safari club
• Three to seven time-saving flights per safari
The Finest Transportation
• Roomy and comfortable state-of-the-art safari vehicles carry cold drinks, mineral water, bean bags (for telephoto lenses) and field guides
• Binoculars for every guest in vehicles
• Window seats for all in East Africa; open-top vehicles in Southern Africa
The Smallest Details
• All gratuities are included, all the time
• Complimentary airport transfers
• Porterage included at hostelries and airports
• Travel amenities include safari duffle bag, bush hat, luggage tags, flashlight and more
• Welcome kit in Africa with bird and wildlife checklists, postcards and more
• On-site shopping and shipping assistance
• Game park entrance fees always included
• Flying Doctor services in Kenya, Tanzania and select Southern Africa lodges