CANADA à la Carte Package Features
CANADA à la Carte offers both pre-set tour itineraries and independent packages within Canada and the Canadian Rockies, specializing in train vacations, city stays, motor coach tours and road trips. Independent itineraries provide flexibility in your travel plans while ensuring you don’t bypass regional highlights. Accommodations, rental car and/or VIA Rail tickets, and specific activities can be reserved in advance. Many of the packages are available year-round and all may be offered with airfare.
Rail Tours & Train Packages
Trains have been part of the Canadian psyche for over a hundred years. At the turn of the century, rail travel was the first choice for travelers and adventurers, and it's still true today. Nothing beats the romance, the relaxation, the sheer luxury of rail travel. You can experience the rugged Canadian West, the sophisticated cities of Ontario and Québec, the picturesque seascapes of the Atlantic Canada provinces or take the full cross-Canada journey, a classic rail trip that will have you spellbound.
Sample Rail Tours Include:
• Inside Passage Wilderness Loop - Voyage by ferry through the majestic Inside Passage from Vancouver Island to Northern B.C., then travel by rail the routes of the early prospectors and explorers to explore the Rocky Mountain resort town of Jasper.
• Across Canada Adventure from Vancouver - Travel by train across one of the most beautiful countries in the world in this incredible 8 night vacation. Start from the stunning Pacific Coast city of Vancouver and then make your way into the majestic Canadian Rockies for some time in the quaint alpine town of Jasper, Alberta. Complete your trip with a journey across hundreds of miles to the Canada's largest city, Toronto.
• Montreal & Quebec City Rail Explorer - Travel by rail and experience the fascinating culture, exquisite scenery, warm-hearted people and delectable cuisine of this province. Discover cosmopolitan Montreal, the largest French-speaking city in North America and charming, historic Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Road Trips & Driving Vacations
Imagine a carefree holiday where all the details are looked after. All you have to do is savor the freedom of the open road, stop wherever and whenever you like, explore and discover to your heart’s content. At day’s end, you arrive at your pre-arranged accommodation, ready to relax. With CANADA à la Carte’s self-drive itineraries . . . it’s that easy!
Sample Road Trips Include:
•It's All About Cuisine and Culture - This leisurely driving tour combines the sophistication and charm of Montreal and Quebec City, with the beauty of Quebec's nature and fine dining all along the way. Discover the Charlevoix Region with its postcard-perfect villages and you may wish to try whale watching from Quebec City or La Malbaie, along the way.
• Favorite Places of BC - This popular itinerary combines the beauty of Vancouver, wilderness of Whistler, sunshine of the Kelowna's wine country and the remote mountain resort of Harrison Hot Springs. Experience the diversity of Western Canada as you travel up the Sea to Sky Highway, down through the summery Okanagan Valley, and then on to a natural hot spring in a mountain setting.
• Dinosaurs, Glaciers & Cowboys - Designed for the young and young at heart, this leisurely driving vacation will introduce you to the prehistoric days of the dinosaur, the legends of cowboys and the geological wonders of the Canadian Rockies.
Canada City Stays
Distinctive west coast flare, friendly and sophisticated, big, bold and bustling, old-world charm, gracious capitals, sizzling urban adventure, picturesque harbors with sailing boats bobbing in the waves – Canada’s city scene offers experiences not found anywhere else in the world.
Sample City Stays Include:
• Victoria Explorer - Nestled on the coast, overlooking the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean and lofty heights of the Coast Mountains, bordered by lush old-growth forests and the rugged wilderness of Vancouver Island, Victoria is a jewel set in the midst of some of the most spectacular natural beauty in the world.
• Toronto Explorer - Canada's largest city is an exciting mix of cultures and tastes and is truly cosmopolitan with a touch of nature. Explore first class shopping, museums, attractions, restaurants and entertainment. The city is acclaimed as a theatre and dramatic arts destination, ranked alongside London and New York. Toronto is also a gateway to breathtaking Niagara Falls.
• Quebec City Explorer - The Québec City area is unique and is the cradle of French civilization in North America. The language of Moliere, a Latin heritage, the architecture of its historic homes and four centuries of history give it a European charm that cannot be found elsewhere on the continent.
Motor Coach Tours
Tour and explore Western Canada and the Canadian Rockies in the comfort of a premier motorcoach. Travel scenic highways through an expanse of forest and mountains but keep your camera ready as wildlife is plentiful. Customize a motorcoach vacation or choose one of our packages
Sample Motor Coach Tours Include:
• Maritimes Sampler Escorted Tour - See the best of the East as your Maritime vacation takes you on a scenic drive through Nova Scotia to New Brunswick and over the Atlantic Ocean to Prince Edward Island. Spend time exploring the natural beauty, the culturally captivating villages and the National Historic Sites of the East Coast.
• Canadian Rockies Loop - Take in all of the most popular stops in the Rockies, and let us take care of the driving! Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise are all on the itinerary as well as the Ice Explorer up onto the Athabasca Glacier, a river float trip and "Dine Around Banff".
• Vancouver and Victoria Explorer - Visit the exciting coastal city of Vancouver before setting off across the Strait of Georgia to beautiful Vancouver Island. Nestled on the coast, overlooking the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean and lofty heights of the Coast Mountains, Victoria is a jewel set in the midst of some of the most spectacular natural beauty in the world. Victoria is bordered by lush old-growth forests and the rugged wilderness of Vancouver Island.