The African Travel Difference
Having lived in or traveled extensively through Africa’s top safari destinations, African Travel's specialists are dedicated to sharing their knowledge and customizing itineraries to match the unique desires of each traveler. Whether exploring the catacombs beneath Alexandria in Egypt, tracking mountain gorillas in Parc National des Volcans in Rwanda, or learning desert survival skills from a bushman in the Kalahari in Botswana, travelers with African Travel are sure to have an experience of a lifetime.
Sending over 100,000 adventurers on safari for the past 35 years has resulted in African Travel developing strong, long-standing relationships with top safari lodges, hotels and ground service vendors. The African Travel guest is given the attention and accommodation that such buying power affords. And as an American based company promoting African safaris exclusively, African Travel is in the enviable position of balancing both worlds. They know what American guests prefer and they know what Africa can provide.
African Travel offers unique expertise in:
• Accommodations - Depending on the itinerary, accommodations can include deluxe urban hotels and resorts, bush homes and private ranches, and luxurious game lodges and tented camps
• Transportation - African Travel knows the best modes of transportation for the itinerary, whether it be by air, ground, helicopter, balloon or elephant
• Safari Specialists - African Travel's safari specialists have all traveled extensively throughout Africa, even those who have lived or grown up there. Every specialist takes an educational trip once a year to new African locales so as to continually deepen and expand their expertise
• Wildlife - Expert guides know the migratory patterns of Africa's wild herds and can help guests experience the best sightings of these magnificent animals in the wild
• Unique Adventures - A vacation to Africa has so much more to offer than just a jeep safari! African Travel's experts can help you plan family travel, honeymoons, golfing and spa trips, wine and food tours, as well as cultural excursions and special interest safaris
• True Cultural Experiences - Depending on your interests, experience local dining, wine tasting, and arts and crafts bazaars, as well as the chance to donate your time as a volunteer in a local community
Choose Your Adventure!
African Travel crafts personalized African safaris and adventures for today's travelers who crave an experience of a lifetime. They are specialists in custom wildlife tours and adventures to South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia including Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania including Zanzibar, Rwanda and Uganda including gorilla trekking, Mozambique, Seychelles, Mauritius, Egypt and Dubai.
• Popular Journeys - African Travel regularly uses feedback from guests to identify the “wow” factor in every experience. This insight acts as the foundation of each of their Popular Journeys in Southern Africa and East Africa. These programs are expertly planned, a tried and true low paced, low density, singular experience. Even so, they are designed with inherent flexibility, giving you the opportunity to personalize your safari.
• Off the Beaten Path - These special interest itineraries offer unusual, sometimes challenging experiences that nevertheless can deliver immeasurable rewards. Who knows, you may find yourself staring into the face of a chimpanzee in Mahale Mountain National Park, reaching the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro (the highest of all!), or sunning yourself on a remote beach in Mozambique.
• Added Adventures - These are a compilation of alternative highlights that might not have been considered up to this point in your planning. By adding a few days to your itinerary, you can expand your experience and enjoyment.
• Customized, Specialty Travel - It is possible to experience Africa at almost every level of comfort and expenditure. From the most comfortable beds dressed in fine linens and accompanied by thick plush towels, to stiff white tablecloths and fine wines accompanying gourmet menus served under twinkling starry skies, African Travel can custom craft a luxurious African experience to take your breath away.
Awards & Accolades
• Top Tour Operator and Safari Outfitter | Travel+Leisure’s World’s Best Awards
• “Best Adventure Travel Company on Earth” | National Geographic Adventure
• “Best Tour Operator, Africa” | Editors of TravelAge West
• African Travel’s “Exclusively Yours, Egypt!” recognized as a “Tour of a Lifetime” | National Geographic Traveler
• Nominated for “Best Tour Operator Africa” | Readers of Travel Weekly