Giants Field Day at AT&T Park
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes is open only to PERSONS who are 18 years or older and who are legal residents of one of the Specified counties IN CALIFORNIA*. void outside the california counties listed and where prohibited.
1. Sponsor Parties: AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”) and Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530 (on behalf of Sponsor, the “Administrator”).
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park” (the “Sweepstakes”), you must be a legal resident of one of the specified counties in California (*see list at conclusion of rules) who is eighteen (18) years of age or older (“Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, the San Francisco Giants (the “Giants”), the other MLB Entities (defined below), (collectively the “Parties”), and any parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, or advertising and promotion agencies and anyone working directly on the Parties’ programs (collectively, “Prohibited Entrants”), and the immediate family members (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households, of the Prohibited Entrants, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the California counties listed and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) April 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (PST) on May 31, 2013 (“Promotional Period”). Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
4. How To Enter:
A. There are two  ways to enter during the Promotional Period: (1) In-Branch: Complete the tear pad entry form (“Entry Form”) obtained from a participating AAA location and deposit into entry box. (2) By Mail: To enter without purchase or obligation, hand-print your name, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone numbers, nearest AAA branch location and the words “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park” on a 3"x 5" card (a “Postcard”) and mail in a stamped #10 envelope to: “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park”, P.O. Box 488, Milltown, NJ 08850-0488. Subject to these Official Rules, the successful completion of one of the tasks under subsection (1) or (2) will be regarded as an “Entry.” Only one  Entry per person regardless of method of entry. No mechanical reproductions permitted and any duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
B. Entrants must meet eligibility criteria, accurately complete entire Entry Form or Postcard (as applicable) and successfully submit in order to be eligible for prize drawing. All Entries (in-branch and mail-in) received during the Promotional Period will have an equal chance of winning. All required information must be completed in full to be considered. Proof of delivery or receipt of any kind of Entry will not be deemed proof of Entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for entries that are lost, stolen, late, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, damaged, incomplete or illegible, postage due; incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or for any other error of any kind, whether computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other, relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the announcement of the prize, the processing of entries or in any sweepstakes related materials. The use of automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of participation) to enter is prohibited. As determined by Sponsor, any Entry that includes obscenities, objectionable material defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights or publicity rights, will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about June 7, 2013, Administrator shall conduct a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotional Period to select the potential winners (each a “Potential Winner”) of the Sweepstakes. A total of seventy-seven (77) Potential Winners will be drawn (one (1) prize per participating AAA location). Submission of an Entry constitutes agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (ARV):Sponsor shall award the prizes (each a “Prize”) (as further described below) in connection with the Sweepstakes:
- Prize: The Potential Winner and one (1) guest will enjoy a “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park”. Prize consists of: a 3-hour event that includes a lunch buffet, ballpark tour, photos with trophies, photos with Lou Seal (mascot) and two (2) tickets to the San Francisco Giants home game to be held on the same date as the “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park” event (“Gameday Tickets”). Approximate Retail Value of the Prize: $500.00 each. The date of this event is July 26, 2013 and time of the “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park” will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest will be invited back to the AT&T Park to attend the Game.
- Limit one (1) Prize per Potential Winner.
7. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received per participating AAA location during the Promotional Period.
8. Prize Restrictions: The guest accompanying the Potential Prize winner must be six years of age or older if the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest, or 18 years old in all other cases. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to transportation to and from stadium, parking, taxes, meals, beverages of any type and gratuities are the responsibility of Potential Winner and guest. All Gameday Tickets awarded will be the responsibility of the applicable Potential Winner upon Potential Winner’s taking possession of same and will not be replaced. In the event that the game to which the Gameday Tickets are applicable is cancelled or only partially completed (i.e. less than nine innings played), Sponsor may substitute Gameday Tickets for event tickets of equal or greater value for another major league baseball game on a date to be determined by the Giants or another comparable prize of equal or greater value will be provided, as determined by Sponsor and the Giants. Complete terms and conditions of Prize will be furnished with Prize Notification. All tickets are subject to additional terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Potential Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of ticket and/or ejection from the facility. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and there will be no prize substitution or cash equivalent given for any prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, at its sole discretion.. It is expressly understood that the Sponsor is under no obligation to any Potential Winner other than as expressly set forth herein. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of a Prize. Should federal, state or local law impose any tax reporting or filing obligations on Sponsor arising out of the winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes (including the winner’s receipt of and/or use of any Prize), the winner agrees to timely provide Sponsor with any information that is reasonably needed for Sponsor to comply with any such reporting or filing obligations. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the San Francisco Giants, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the game tickets awarded as part of the prize may govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the Winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Releasees (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game ticket(s).
9. Winner Notification:
A. Sponsor shall make one (1) attempt to call the Entrants that have been selected as Potential Winners at the telephone number provided by the Potential Winner within three (3) business days of the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Potential Winner, Sponsor will leave a message informing the Potential Winner that he or she has been awarded a prize in connection with the Sweepstakes, along with instructions for claiming the prize provided that the Potential Winner is able to receive messages. The Potential Winner must return the call within 24 hours to either accept or decline the Prize. If Sponsor or its designated representative is unable to contact you or does not receive a return call from the Potential Winner within 24 hrs, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, may be awarded to an alternate potential winner.
B. Upon acceptance of a Prize by a Potential Winner, Administrator shall send written confirmation (the “Prize Notification”) to the Potential Winner at the address provided by the Potential Winner via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation.
C. Each Potential Winner shall be required to complete, sign and return to Administrator the following documents (“Acceptance Documents”):
- Affidavit of Eligibility,
- Liability Release,
- Publicity Release for Winner and Guest.
D. Potential Winners must execute and return all Acceptance Documents within five (5) business days from the date of the applicable Prize Notification. If you fail to timely execute and return any Acceptance Documents, are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, decline to accept the Prize, Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact you, or in the event that the Prize or Prize Notification is returned undeliverable, you will forfeit the Prize, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative Potential Winner at random from the pool of all eligible Entries.
10. Agreement to Official Rules, Binding Nature, Indemnification: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Furthermore you agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies and all its affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all lawsuits, judgments, losses, damages, claims, actions, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and any liability of any kind resulting from, arising from, or related to:
- participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes,
- acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the Prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded
- typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials,
- any change in any Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or reasons beyond Sponsor’s control,
- any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of any Sweepstakes,
- human error,
- incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any Entry,
- any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by Sponsor, any of the Released Parties or by you,
- inability to access the Website or any online service via Internet,
- any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions,
- late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, delayed, corrupted, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries,
- any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties,
- lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed Prizes (or any element thereof),
- the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
- personal injury or property damage resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance or use of the Prize.
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR TO ANY PROPERTY, RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for computer, printing, typographical, human, or other errors, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prize, the processing of entries or in any Sweepstakes related materials; or for transactions that are lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible entries, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, paper transfer, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or error, or process any transaction thereon. Any entries found or suspect will be deemed ‘void’ by the judges. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible non-suspect mail-in and ballot box entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, or any other damages; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
12. Publicity Rights: By accepting a Prize, you agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use your name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
13. Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after June 30, 2013), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Giants Field Day at AT&T Park” Sweepstakes, c/o Marketing Partnerships & Sponsorships, AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2013. Requests will be fulfilled when the drawings have been conducted and winners have been verified.
*Qualifying Counties in State of California:
Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, Yuba.
All trademark and copyright rights reserved.