Share the Magic AAA Holiday Sweepstakes
No Purchase OR MEMBERSHIP Necessary To Enter Or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes is open only to PERSONS who are 18 years or older AT TIME OF ENTRY and who are legal residents of CALIFORNIA, NEVADA OR Utah.
1. Sponsor Parties: AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 ("Sponsor") and Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530 (on behalf of Sponsor, the "Administrator").
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the "Share the Magic AAA Holiday Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes"), you must be a legal resident of California, Nevada or Utah who is eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry (each an "Eligible Entrant"). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney") (together the "Sweepstakes Parties"), and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, prize supplier, or advertising and promotion agency of any Sweepstakes Party and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households, of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void outside of California, Nevada and Utah and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) October 20, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (PST) on December 31, 2012 ("Promotional Period"). Sponsor's time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
4. How To Enter:
During the Promotional Period, Eligible Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes in any of the following ways:
• hand-print your name, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone numbers and the words "Share the Magic AAA Holiday Sweepstakes" on a 3"x 5" card and mail in a stamped #10 envelope to: "Share the Magic AAA Holiday Sweepstakes", P.O. Box 602, Garden City, NY 11530-0602;
• automatically receive an entry into the Sweepstakes each time you purchase a AAA Gift membership either in person at a AAA branch, online at AAA.com/gift or over the phone by dialing 800-JOIN-AAA as an existing AAA member
Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2012 and received by January 7, 2013. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
All Entries (on-line, in-store, via phone or mail in) received will have an equal chance of winning. NO PURCHASE OR MEMBERSHIP NECESSARY. GIFT MEMBERSHIP ENTRIES ARE AUTOMATICALLY PROVIDED AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO INDUCE A PURCHASE. All required information must be completed in full to be considered. Proof of delivery or receipt of any kind of Entry will not be deemed proof of Entry. Limit of ten (10) Entries per person during the Promotional Period regardless of method of entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. The use of automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of participation) to enter is prohibited. As determined by Sponsor, any Entry that includes obscenities, objectionable material defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party's personal or proprietary rights, publicity rights, will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about January 22, 2013, Administrator shall conduct a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received to select the following number of winners (each a "Potential Winner"): (a) one (1) Grand Prize Winner; (b) three (3) First Prize Winners, (c) fifty (50) Second Prize Winners. Submission of an Entry constitutes agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes
6. Prizes: The following prizes (each a "Prize") will be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per Potential Winner.
A. Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize (the "Grand Prize") 4 day/3 night vacation package to the Disneyland® Resort (the "Resort") in Anaheim, CA for winner and up to three (3) guests (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $6,770.00, depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares) consisting of:
• One (1) consecutive two (2) night stay at a Resort hotel determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion (one standard room, quad occupancy);
• One (1) night stay in the Disneyland® Dream Suite (quad occupancy) (consecutive to the hotel stay);
• Round trip coach-class air transportation for up to four (4) persons from a major U.S. airport near winner's residence ("departure airport") to a Southern California area airport (airports determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
• Up to Four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Southern California airport and the Resort;
• One (1) Cars Land Welcome Gift Basket for winner (as determined by Sponsor);
• One (1) Disney Gift Card valued at One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) for winner (subject to restrictions);
• Up to four (4) Disneyland® Resort Deluxe Annual Passports ("Passports") valid for admission to Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park on preselected days during regular operating hours (terms and conditions of Passports apply)
B. First Prizes: Three (3) first prizes (each a "First Prize"), each a 3 day/2 night vacation package to the Disneyland® Resort; one (1) vacation package for each first prize winner and up to three (3) guests (ARV: $3,950.00 each, depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares) consisting of:
• One (1) consecutive two (2) night stay at a Disneyland® Resort hotel determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion (one standard room, quad occupancy);
• Round trip coach-class air transportation for up to four (4) persons from a departure airport to a Southern California area airport (airports determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
• Round trip ground transfers for up to four (4) persons between the airport and the Resort;
• One (1) Disney Gift Card valued at Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00) for winner (subject to restrictions);
• Up to four (4) 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets ("Tickets") valid for admission to Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park during regular operating hours (terms and conditions of tickets apply).
C. Second Prizes: Fifty (50) second prizes (each a "Second Prize") consisting of A Family 4-pack of 1-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets. Valid for admission to Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park during regular operating hours (terms and conditions of tickets apply). ( ARV: $500.00 each Second Prize.)
7. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes during the Promotional Period.
8. Prize Restrictions: Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and on a carrier of Sponsor's choice at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival. Reservations are subject to availability. Roundtrip coach-class air transportation will be provided to Potential Winners of the Grand and First Prize and their guests (up to for four (4) people per prize) from the departure airport closest to the Potential Winner's home to a Southern Californian area airport, (Potential Winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary) provided that the Potential Winner lives outside a 250-mile radius from the Resort. If a Potential Winner resides within 250 miles of the Resort, airfare and ground transportation shall be forfeited. Any minor must be accompanied on the trip by his/her parent/legal guardian who will be deemed one of the winner's guests. If Grand Prize and First Prize winners choose to bring less than three guests, prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of travelers with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the Grand Prize or First Prize winner.
Potential Winners of the Grand and First Prize and their guests are responsible for obtaining all travel documents including valid photo identification as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and Sponsor shall not provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize and First Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to airport departure fees and taxes, travel insurance, hotel room services, laundry service, parking fees, meals, beverages of any type, merchandise and souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, tips and gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes, and all other costs or expenses not otherwise mentioned herein are the responsibility of Potential Winners of the Grand and First Prize and their guests. All tickets/passes awarded become the responsibility of the applicable Potential Winners upon possession of same and will not be replaced. Prize components that are gift cards and tickets are in all cases subject to the terms/conditions of use printed thereon, including expiration date. Complete terms and conditions of Grand and First Prize will be furnished with Prize Notification. All tickets/passes are subject to additional terms and conditions as specified thereon. Winners and guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of ticket/passes and/or ejection from the facility. Resort attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and subject to change without notice. Prizes may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated and any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. No transfer of any Prize. It is expressly understood that the Sponsor is under no obligation to any Potential Winner other than as expressly set forth herein. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of a Prize. Grand and First Prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the applicable Prize for the calendar year in which they traveled. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2013. Tickets must be used by December 31, 2013. Should federal, state or local law impose any tax reporting or filing obligations on Sponsor arising out of the winner's participation in the Sweepstakes (including the winner's receipt of and/or use of any Prize), the winner agrees to timely provide Sponsor with any information that is reasonably needed for Sponsor to comply with any such reporting or filing obligations.
9. Winner Notification:
A. Sponsor shall attempt to call the Potential Winners of the Grand Prize and First Prizes at the telephone number provided by such person in the Entry on or about January 23, 2013. If Sponsor is unable to reach the Potential Winner, Sponsor will leave a message informing the Potential Winner that he or she has been awarded a prize as a result of his or her actual prior entry in the Sweepstakes, and instructions for claiming the prize, provided that the Potential Winner is able to receive messages. The Potential Winner must return the call within 24 hours to either accept or decline the Prize. If Sponsor or its designated representative does not receive a return call from the Potential Winner within 24 hrs, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner.
B. Upon acceptance of a Prize by a Potential Winner, Administrator shall send written confirmation (the "Prize Notification") to the Potential Winner at the address provided in the applicable Entry by FedEx, Standard Overnight delivery.
C. Each Potential Winner may be required to complete, sign and return to Administrator the following documents ("Acceptance Documents"):
• Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release,
• Liability/Publicity/Travel Release,
• IRS Form W-9.
D. Potential Winners must execute and return all Acceptance Documents within five (5) business days from the date of the applicable Prize Notification. If a Potential Winner fails to timely execute and return any Acceptance Document, is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact the Potential Winner, or in the event that the Prize or Prize Notification is returned undeliverable, the Potential Winner will forfeit the Prize, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative Potential Winner at random from the pool of all eligible Entries.
E. If the Potential Winner of the Grand and First Prize wishes to select a guest who is not at least eighteen 18 years of age ("minor"), a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release, must be signed by such minor's parent or legal guardian, prior to issuance of any travel documents for such guest. Failure to return Liability Release/Publicity Release by the required date shall prevent guest from receiving any travel documents.
F. All other Potential Winners will be notified by mail.
10. Binding Nature, Indemnification: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and furthermore agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Sweepstakes parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies and all its affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, "Releasees") from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from, arising from, or related to:
A. participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes,
B. acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded
C. typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials,
D. any change in any Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or reasons beyond Sponsor's control,
E. any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of any Sweepstakes,
F. human error,
G. incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any Entry,
H. any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by Sponsor, any of the Releasees or by you,
I. inability to access the Website or any online service via the Internet,
J. any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions,
K. late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, delayed, corrupted, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries,
L. any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Releasees,
M. lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed Prizes (or any element thereof), or
N. the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
12. Publicity Rights: By accepting a Prize, you agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use your name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
13. Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after January 31, 2013), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Share the Magic AAA Holiday Vacation" Sweepstakes, c/o Marketing Partnerships & Sponsorships, AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2013. Requests will be fulfilled when the drawing has been conducted and winners have been verified.
ABBREVIATED RULES (AS SHOWN IN THE VIA AD)
Share the Magic AAA Holiday Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE OR MEMBERSHIP NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, NEVADA OR UTAH.
Sweepstakes begins 10/20/12 and ends 12/31/12. Prizes/Values/Odds of winning One (1) Grand Prize: A 4-day/3-night Family Vacation for four (4) to the Disneyland® Resort. ARV: $6,770.00; Three (3) First Prizes: A 3 day / 2 night Family Stay for four (4) to the Disneyland® Resort. ARV: $3,950.00 each; Fifty (50) Second Prizes: A Family 4-pack of 1-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets. ARV: $500.00 each. Odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. Restrictions may apply, please see full rules for details. For complete details on how to enter without purchase or obligation see official rules at www.aaa.com/gift. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor: AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES INDICATES THAT YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES.