On the Road with the Jazz and AAA Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes is open only to PERSONS who are legal residents of Utah. 18 years or older AS OF the DATE OF ENTRY. MEMBERSHIP IN AAA – Northern California, NevadA, and Utah NOT REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
1. Sponsor Parties: AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”) and Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530 (on behalf of Sponsor, the “Administrator”).
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the “On The Road With The Jazz and the AAA Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”), you must be a legal resident of Utah who is eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, the Utah Jazz, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, and NBA Properties, Inc., (together the “Sweepstakes Parties”), and any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, prize supplier, or advertising and promotion agency of any Sweepstakes Party and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households, of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void outside of Utah and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. You do not need to be a member of AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah to enter.3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) February 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (PST) on March 17, 2012 (“Promotional Period”). Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
4. How To Enter:
A. To enter the Sweepstakes, either log on to www.aaa.com/utahjazz (the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to complete the entry form in its entirety and submit the form or visit any participating CSAA location and complete a tear pad entry form in its entirety and deposit into entry box (each an “Entry”).
B. All Entries (on-line and in-store) received by 11:59:59 pm PST on March 17, 2012 will have an equal chance of winning. All required information must be completed in full to be considered. Proof of delivery or receipt of any kind of Entry will not be deemed proof of Entry. Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. The use of automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of participation) to enter is prohibited. As determined by Sponsor, any Entry that includes obscenities, objectionable material defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights, publicity rights, will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about March 20, 2012, Administrator shall conduct a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received to select the following number of winners (each a “Potential Winner”): (a) one (1) Grand Prize Winner; (b) ten (10) First Place Prize Winners, (c) two (2) Second Place Prize Winners, and (d) ten (10) Third Place Prize winners. Submission of an Entry constitutes agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes
6. Prizes: The following prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per Winner.
B. Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) (approximate retail value (“ARV”): up to $2,500, depending upon point of departure and dates of travel) consisting of:
C. First Place Prizes: Ten (10) first place prizes (each a “First Place Prize”) consisting of two (2) tickets to the March 30, 2012 home game (Jazz vs. Sacramento Kings). ARV: $350 each.
D. Second Place Prizes: Two (2) second place prizes (each a “Second Place Prize”) consisting of one (1) autographed basketball, the name of the player on each of the basketballs to be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. ARV: $250 each.
E. Third Place Prizes: Ten (10) third place prizes (each a “Third Place Prize”) consisting of one (1) replica Jazz jersey. ARV: $80 each.
7. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received for the Promotional Period.
8. Prize Restrictions: Blackout periods and other restrictions may apply. Potential Winner of the Grand Prize and guest must be able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Potential Winner. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Reservations are subject to availability. Potential Winner of the Grand Prize and guest are responsible for obtaining all travel documents including valid photo identification as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and Sponsor shall not provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages of any type and gratuities are the responsibility of Potential Winner of the Grand Prize and guest. All Utah Jazz (NBA) event tickets/passes awarded become the responsibility of the applicable Potential Winner upon possession of same and will not be replaced. If for any reason any Utah Jazz (NBA) sponsored event, including but not limited to the Utah Jazz vs. Los Angeles Clippers game is canceled or postponed, Sponsor has no responsibility to replace such tickets/passes, except that Sponsor shall still provide the winner of the Grand Prize and guest with the remainder of the Grand Prize, minus the tickets/passes. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize will be furnished with Prize Notification. All tickets/passes are subject to additional terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of ticket/passes and/or ejection from the facility. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. No transfer of any Prize. It is expressly understood that the Sponsor is under no obligation to any Potential Winner other than as expressly set forth herein. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of a Prize. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the Grand Prize for the calendar year 2012. Should federal, state or local law impose any tax reporting or filing obligations on Sponsor arising out of the winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes (including the winner’s receipt of and/or use of any Prize), the winner agrees to timely provide Sponsor with any information that is reasonably needed for Sponsor to comply with any such reporting or filing obligations.
9. Winner Notification:
A. Sponsor shall attempt to call the entrants that have been selected as potential Grand Prize and First Prize winners (each a “Potential Winner”) at the telephone number provided by such person in the Entry on or about March 20, 2012. If Sponsor is unable to reach the Potential Winner Sponsor will leave a message informing the Potential that he or she has been awarded a prize as a result of his or her actual prior entry in the Sweepstakes, and instructions for claiming the prize, provided that the Potential Winner is able to receive messages. The Potential Winner must return the call within 24 hours to either accept or decline the Prize. If Sponsor or its designated representative does not receive a return call from the Potential Winner within 24 hrs, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner.
B. Upon acceptance of a Prize by a Potential Winner, Administrator shall send written confirmation (the “Prize Notification”) to the Potential Winner at the address provided in the applicable Entry by FedEx, Standard Overnight delivery.
C. Each Potential Winner may be required to complete, sign and return to Administrator the following documents (“Acceptance Documents”):
D. Potential Winners must execute and return all Acceptance Documents within five (5) business days from the date of the applicable Prize Notification. If a Potential Winner fails to timely execute and return any Acceptance Document, is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact the Potential Winner, or in the event that the Prize or Prize Notification is returned undeliverable, the Potential Winner will forfeit the Prize, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative Potential Winner at random from the pool of all eligible Entries.
E. If the Potential Winner of the Grand Prize wishes to select a guest who is not at least eighteen 18 years of age (“minor”), a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release, must be signed by such minor’s parent or legal guardian, prior to issuance of any travel documents for such guest. Failure to return Liability Release/Publicity Release by the required date shall prevent guest from receiving any travel documents.
F. All other Potential Winners will be notified by mail.
10. Binding Nature, Indemnification: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and furthermore agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Sweepstakes parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies and all its affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from, arising from, or related to:
12. Publicity Rights: By accepting a Prize, you agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use your name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
13. Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after March 31, 2012), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “On the Road with the Jazz and AAA” Sweepstakes, c/o Marketing Partnerships & Sponsorships, AAA – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, 1900 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Requests must be received no later than March 16, 2012. Requests will be fulfilled when the drawing has been conducted and winner has been verified.