|Call Us||(888) 299-7515||M-F: 7am-8pm, Sat: 8am-6pm, Sun: 9am-6pm|
|Request a callback||Get Started Now |
Package details include
Rich with history, politics, architecture, culture and heritage, Washington, D.C. is the perfect place for a vacation of discovery, learning and fun. On this flexible independent getaway, discover places where history has unfolded with your 2-day Hop-on/Hop-off Trolley Tour pass. See the White House South Lawn and Visitor Center; visit the Capitol Building and stand in awe at the Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial and FDR Memorial, as well as other famous memorials on the National Mall.
The Hop-On/Hop-Off Trolley Tour pass lets you make photo stops at these and other famous sights like the Vietnam and Jefferson memorials, and the Washington Monument. Plus immerse yourself in the culmination of five centuries of news history at The Newseum and investigate the mysterious world of spies at the International Spy Museum—both places less celebrated but equally fascinating.
Aside from your Trolley Tour, you can also book additional sightseeing options. Enjoy a brunch or dinner cruise on the Potomac River or take a day trip to iconic places such as Gettysburg, Mount Vernon and Monticello. Or see our colonial history come to life at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
• 3 nights accommodations at selected hotel**
• Sights - 2-Day Hop-on/Hop-off Trolley Tour Pass
• Admission to The Newseum
**Note: At time of reservation, please submit three hotel and travel date choices as well as the dates you wish to take any selected sightseeing options. See Itinerary Tab for a full listing of Sightseeing Options.
Note: Additional nights, as well as additional or optional sightseeing, may be added. Inquire at time of booking. A sampling of Optional Sightseeing excursions is listed below.
Day 1 - Arrive in Washington D.C.
Upon arrival in Washington, transfer on your own to your selected hotel. Transfers are not included but can be added upon request.
Accommodation: Your selected hotel - 3 nights
Days 2 & 3 - Washington D.C. Sightseeing
Discover Washington D.C. at your leisure with a 2-day pass on the Hop-on/Hop-off Trolley Tour. Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of our nation’s capital at your own pace. The Hop-on/Hop-off Trolley Tour is the easiest way to get around town. You can hop on and off at any of the 20 stops as often as you like. Trolleys depart every 30 minutes beginning at 9am with the last re-boarding at 5pm.
You can board the Washington D.C. Hop-on/Hop-off Trolley Tour at any of the following 20 stops.
1. Washington Welcome Center: Ford's Theatre, Petersen House, International Spy Museum
2. The White House Visitors Center: The White House Visitor Center, The White House, National Aquarium
3. National Archives: National Archives, National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings, Marian Koshland Science Museum, U.S. Navy Memorial
4. Union Station, Smithsonian National Postal Museum
5. U.S. Capitol, U.S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress
6. Air & Space Museum, Museum of the American Indian, Hirshhorn Museum, U.S. Botanic Gardens
7. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Bureau of Engraving & Printing
8. Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Tidal Basin - paddle boats, FDR Memorial
9. Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, World War II Memorial, Shuttle to Arlington Cemetery
10. Museum of American History, Washington Monument
11. Museum of Natural History, Old Post Office Pavilion and Bell Tower
12. Newseum, National Gallery of Art - West Building, Marian Koshland Science Museum
13. White House Gifts
14. National Geographic Museum, Charles Sumner Museum and Archives
15. Dupont Circle, Woodrow Wilson House, Textile Museum, Phillips Collection
16. Woodley Park Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, Adams Morgan Shopping and Dining Neighborhood, National Zoo
17. National Cathedral: Open daily 10am - 4pm, tours available daily
18. Georgetown University, Old Stone House
19. Stephen Decatur House, Lafayette Park, White House Grounds, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Octagon House, Renwick Gallery, Corcoran Gallery
20. Chinatown, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Portrait Gallery, American Art Museum
At the Newseum in Washington D.C., immerse yourself in the culmination of five centuries of news history with up-to-date technology and hands-on exhibits. Explore seven levels of galleries, theaters, retail spaces and visitor services in a unique environment that takes you behind the scenes to see how and why news is made.
Day 4 - Depart Washington D.C.
Enjoy the morning at your leisure before transferring on your own to the airport. Transfers are not included but can be added upon request.
Additional Sightseeing Options:
• Busch Gardens Williamsburg
• Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington D.C.
• International Spy Museum
• Monticello & Thomas Jefferson Country Day Trip
• Monuments & Memorials Half Day or Full Day Photo Safari
• Mount Vernon & Old Town Alexandria Half Day Trip from D.C.
• National Museum of Crime & Punishment Admission Ticket
• Washington D.C. Day Bike Rental
• Washington D.C. Capital Sites Bike Tour
• Washington D.C. Brunch Cruise
• Washington D.C. in a Day Tour
• Washington D.C. Dinner Cruise
• Washington D.C. Duck Tour
• Washington D.C. Monuments Bike Tour
• Washington D.C. Segway Tour
• Washington D.C. Segway Night Tour
• Washington D.C. Sites at Night Bike Tour