What DMV services does AAA offer?

Not all AAA offices offer DMV services. Those offices that do, can help with:

DMV Services Available at AAA CA NV UT
Copies of Driver History Records   X  
Driver’s License Renewal*   X  
Duplicate Driver’s License*   X  
Duplicate Identification Card   X  
Duplicate Instruction Permit   X  
Insurance Reinstatements   X  
Order Duplicate Registration/Title/Sticker X    
Order Replacement License Plates or Request Personalized License Plates X    
Pay Insurance Reinstatement Fees   X  
Transfer Ownership X    
Vehicle Registration Renewal 1 X X X
Payment Options
Cash and Check 2 X    
eCheck   X  
Credit Card and Debit Card Accepted   X X

Locate the AAA branch nearest you offering DMV services. Most AAA branches offer select DMV services.

For the fastest service, please bring your valid driver’s license, AAA Membership card, and completed DMV forms for the task you wish to perform.

To download forms, and for more services, visit your state’s DMV website:

California DMV
Nevada DMV
Utah DMV

*To renew a noncommercial driver's license, the license cannot be suspended, revoked, or expired. The photo must have been taken within the past four years. If the customer needs to change their address or any vital information including their name, then a visit to the local DMV is in order.

1. Certain restrictions apply depending on where your car was purchased. Please call your local AAA branch for more information. AAA branches in Nevada provide DMV services via DMV kiosks. Registration up to 18 months late may be processed on the kiosks. Late fees will be calculated and added to the registration fees.

2. When paying by check in California, checks should be made payable to the “California Department of Motor Vehicles”. Your name should appear on the AAA Membership card, driver license/DMV ID card and California vehicle title/registration.

Please contact DMV for these services:

CA Drivers License Transactions and Printouts
Vehicles/Vessels Origination from a Dealer
Out of State Registration Renewals/Transfers
Vehicles/Vessels with Unavailable Records
Off Highway Registration Renewals/Transfers
Disabled Parking Placards

Contact the DMV directly:

* DMV Self-Service 1-800-777-0133
* To Pay by Credit Card: 1-800-921-1117