Recycle a Battery — Benefit the Environment
Be a part of our ongoing commitment to a greener planet. Starting April 22, 2010 - Earth Day - you'll be able to conveniently drop off your old vehicle batteries* all year long and AAA will recycle them for FREE. Plus, for every battery collected, AAA donates $2 to one of these local non-profit environmental organizations.
Where to Bring Your Batteries
Check out our new list of participating drop-off locations and find the one nearest you now.
*We accept auto, motorcycle, RV or marine batteries for recycling.
Suspect Battery Trouble? Call AAA.
When battery problems slow you down, rely on AAA Battery Service.
- Convenient, roadside battery testing
- Quick, professional battery installation right on the spot
- Exclusive AAA Member discounted pricing
- AAA assurance with a 3-year National warranty
- We take your old battery away and recycle it for FREE
Learn more about >AAA Battery Service.
| Safe Battery Handling Tips
- Wear gloves and safety glasses when handling batteries.
- Don’t smoke when handling batteries or expose batteries to an open flame.
- Place batteries upright in a cardboard box or plastic container when transporting them.
- If the battery case is cracked or leaking, be sure to choose a leak-proof container.
- Make certain batteries won’t shift or tip over in a moving vehicle.
|Recycling Results to Date:
Batteries collected between 2001-2009
Pounds of lead recycled
Pounds of plastic recycled
Gallons of sulfuric acid recycled
For over 100 years, AAA has been committed to promoting a cleaner, healthier environment.